Monday, September 27, 2010

Meatless Monday & my version of Cheesecake Factory's chipotle chicken pasta.

Last week Danielle posted that she and Carl are embracing meatless mondays. Mr. R is a HUGE meat eater or as I like to say he has a bit of a meat tooth, but even he can go without carnal flesh once a week. And why not Monday?
I switched my menu around a bit and made Chipotle Pasta (minus the chicken/sausage/shrimp) and subbed in roasted asparagus, mushrooms and onions.
I LOVED this pasta! The chipotle sauce is spicy but a sweet spicy. And you can totally regulate how much spice you want. I actually was craving more spicy so I added an extra 2 Tbs of tabasco sauce, but I like my mouth to feel like its on fire.
If you are looking for a simple, easy, and meatless meal.... GO FOR IT!
I also should admit I have always stayed away from Guy Fieri's food. He just seems a little too weird and commercial for me. But if all of his recipes are like this one, I am sold. I might even embrace his awful hair :)

1 comment: