Monday, September 6, 2010

The last of the bedroom talk... for now

I have a few more ideas running around the brain trust and I need to put them down on paper before I forget them.

1. I need to paint the wall around the bathroom mirror and sink. I am thinking Martha's Haysack color will be a welcome sunny addition. (It's available at Home Depot).
2. I also need to stencil or add art near the bathroom sink area. It's looking very plain, but I also don't want it to be too busy. Do you think I can get away with using the same stencil as the rest of the bedroom?
3. The closet door refuses to be painted. It is a steel door that will not take paint unless I sand, prime, sand again, and then paint slowly and carefully. That multi step time-sucking approach does not work for me. So I am thinking we replace the door with a curtain. I am loving this one. And for $38, I think I can swing it.
4. The sink vanity is gross laminate and needs to be painted. Do you think I should go with the haysack or plain white.

So that's it.... opinions please!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think you can use the same stencil with a different color in the bathroom. In fact, it will add flow through the rooms.

    Agree you either need a new door, of that curtain is super cute as long as it's not too much when down.

    Go white on the vanity. It will add a crispness to the room, and will be super easy to bleach clean if needed.

    ReplyDelete