Sunday, September 26, 2010

Are you ready for some football?

Normally, my answer would be no... It's just not my favorite sport. But I do love me some Super Bowl commercials and half-time show.

But today! I got to see the Jaguars vs. Eagles game in person! Sitting in Everbank stadium! So cool right?
Friday I entered a drawing at school for Jaguars tickets. I was one of the 13 names called along with Rachel and Kristin! We decided to meet early and tailgate, which really is the best part of football.

At 4:00pm we entered the stadium, saw the flyover (another favorite part) and then saw Michael Vick as starting quarterback for the first time.

I think going to the games can make anyone a football fan. We were surrounded by diehard fans with painted chests and faces. We were led into cheers by fan in masks and enough Jags gear to open up their own shop. We sat two rows from one man who spent the entire game getting his section psyched. He was way better than the cheerleaders.

And on our way out we saw a little boy, maybe 6, who was attending his first game. He was amazed at the people and waved at each person as we passed. He also couldn't stop thanking his dad! He melted my heart.
On the way home Mr. R and I agreed that while we may not be the best football fans we definitely love to be part of the teal and black crowd!


1 comment:

  1. I agree. I'm not a bog football fan - or any sport really, but take me to a game and I'm all about it. It's the atmosphere and the socializing I love.

    ReplyDelete