Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Do you ever crave food?

In junior high I went through this period where all I wanted was broccoli and fresh corn after swim meets. Oh and pole limas... I loved those with all of my heart.

In high school I feel hard for soft pretzels & honey mustard from Wawa connivence store.

In college I went through a disco fries phase (classic greasy spoon diner food) and then one summer I lived solidly off of watermelon and baked potatoes.

And in grad school I loved granny smith apples, then jumbalaya (when I lived in NOLA), and later buffalo wings (when we lived in DC).

Tonight all I want is pumpkin pie and broccoli. Weird I know!
To make the meal more well rounded I also made PW's meatloaf and rice. Mr. R was grateful for the meaty addition. And it was very good, if I can say so myself. Another winner PW! Keep them coming!
The pumpkin pie was made in the crock. Using a recipe from Stephanie O'Dea.
When it finally finished cooking it will taste AMAZING! And look like this.

1 comment: