Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weight Watchers

I have struggled with my weight since I was seven. I was never naturally thin. And it wasn't until my early 20s that I actually learned how to fuel my body properly. The whole idea of calories in needs to equal calories out...

In the past 4 years of marriage I have steadily packed on the pounds due to poor eating, lack of excercise, and putting myself last on the old "to-do" list. With the help of weight watchers over the past year I have finally learned that I need to take time for me and make sure my nutritional, emotional, and physical needs are being met.

How does this translate to everyday life?

Nutritional: Total food costs go up (produce is more expensive than canned or boxed), fast food/processed food costs go WAY DOWN, Mr. R is not always happy with what's for dinner, we no longer drink soda, meals must be planned in advance, the crockpot is my new BFF, I can no longer "just pick-up" dinner, my skin is clearer, and I have more energy.

Emotional: I have had to be more honest about my feelings. I had to learn to start sharing how the actions of other effect me. I had to learn to "rock the boat" sometimes. I think I have become a better wife. I am more open than I have ever been in my life. I started a blog. I think I am a better friend. I am more outspoken with my opinions.

Physical: For my own sanity I need to workout at least 3 times a week. (This does not always happen). I am much less hungry on days I run than days I do not. My body likes afternoon workouts and will perform much better in the pm hours. I have grown more comfortable with the gym and having to run/ workout next to other. I am becoming better at comparing my body to others. I am starting to appreciate my body for what it does not how it looks.

1 comment: