Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I hate the Real World, but I miss DC.

I hate it a lot! Something snapped in me when I turned 23 and I could no longer tolerate the lack of jobs, the obscene amount of drinking, and the utter incompetence and stupidity of the house members.

But I miss DC! And this year Real World is being filmed in DC. I am watching it in an attempt to cure a little bit of homesickness. I see glimpses of Georgetown with my favorite shops and restaurants, Dupont Circle, the mall, and even the metro (that I had a love hate relationship with). If they show Clarendon with Whitlow's, Shoefly, the crappy record store, my gym, my Whole Foods, my Crate & Barrel, and my old apartment I might just lose it.

I think a trip back is in order.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya; I don't get the success of that show.

    Growing up an "airline kid," D.C. was always are favorite day-trip from Minneapolis. There was a flight that arrived around 9 AM, from there we'd hop on the Metro to whatever museum/site we'd picked out for the day, and then catch the 7 PM flight home. Usually I went with just mom or just dad, but sometimes all 3 of us went. (This is when I was in high school and my sisters were off in college.) I've got lots of great memories - like walking the river in the spring when the cherry blossoms were blooming - and I think my parents still do it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds awesome. Talk about a great day trip.

    ReplyDelete