Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to feed a Cowboy's fan on playoff night.

In case you didn't know, tonight my husband's beloved Cowboys play the Philadelphia Eagles, my hometown team. We are a house divided. I am rooting for the Dirty Birds to make it to Miami. He has been wearing his Romo jersey all day.

My photo of the day is a series of shots of tonight's dinner entitled Taco Mess.

Make Spanish rice either from scratch or the package. To be honest, I am a Lipton girl.Using your new Rachel Ray pans, (I really love them! Thanks Mama Republica.) brown ground beef, turkey, or soy crumbles. Add taco seasoning, black beans, & sliced black olives.
(Be like Sandra Lee and feel free to use premixed seasonings & canned olives). While you're at it mix up some homemade guacamole with an overripe avocado.
Mix together your Spanish rice & meat mixture. (Thus the taco mess)Top with your favorite taco fixings.
Serve with in your new latte bowls, that you got for Christmas and are in LOVE with.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm glad that you are enjoying the pots and pans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am! You should have seen our old ones. They had been through 4 moves and I think we lost a lid each move, so we were down to one pot, no lids, and one frying pan. It was a sad sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! We were eating tacos, or some variation of, at least once a week before I made the January menu.

    I've never added in spanish rice, though. I like the idea. I think I'll put it on a bed of shredded lettuce to give it a little crunch.

    ReplyDelete