Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Craptastic!

This is really a Danielle word, but I think it is the only adjective that can truly describe my day. As you know I am a teacher and grades are due tomorrow. I am currently burning the midnight oil. On top of millions (I exaggerate) of grades to enter, I have had lots of emails filling up my in box. I needed a minute to just vent and take care of a few outstanding issues and somehow managed to miss an important meeting! I know! Clearly, time management is not my best feature. Today is every sense of the word was craptastic. And yes, it was ALL MY FAULT.

I wanted to come home and wallow in my own self pity and sorrow, but Mr. R was insistent that we go for a run. I put up a fuss, by gave in and slipped on my running gear. And I must admit Mr. R was right! (That man is a genius) 4 miles and lots of girlie pop music later...I am loving life, making dinner, and feeling awesome.

Of course, I will need to grovel a little more tomorrow to make up for my missing the meeting, but even if that goes badly the ipod and my Nikes will be waiting to make it all better.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Mr. R talked you into the run. See you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude.

    Do you ever get to the end of the term and decide to not grade a set of papers you've collected? I do! ...and I find that students never ask about them either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this term. And after a heart to heart with my team I am reducing the number of things I grade this quarter to see if this lightens my load. Let's hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete