Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4: The night I beat Olive Garden.

Mr. R is I-talian. Off the boat I-talian. His mom has an arsenal of recipes that she can make from scratch. Her sauce takes hours to make and tastes like heaven on a spoon.

I am not Italian. In my house sauce comes from a jar with a Classico or Newman's Own label. My recipe box contains mostly Rachael Ray and I make very little from scratch. Also, my kind of Italian food comes from Olive Garden with a basket of unlimited bread sticks. (Yum!)

But tonight, I made a dinner that could beat the pants off of Olive Garden and make my mother-in-law proud. (And yes, I did make this in the crock. The recipe belongs to Stephanie and yes, it is that easy!) I beefed up my dinner with a roasted veggie mix of asparagus, broccoli, and zucchini. (I also cut the recipe in half to feed just the two of us).

On another note, today was my first day back to work since winter break. It was nice to be back in my element with my routine. Although I was not saying these same things with the alarm went off at 5:30 AM. I also had my first post work spin class today. It was great! I can't believe how much energy I have after class. I think this might just become my new Monday routine.

And a little glimpse of Simon.
Who would not leave the kitchen until he got a taste of dinner too.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day.

    I think that's the first I've seen Simon; what a cutie.

    ReplyDelete