Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blogging from my 1st Teaching Conference


Today I attended session 1 of the Florida Education Technology Conference. Not only did I meet Moby, my favorite cartoon robot. I heard Ed Begley Jr. speak about going green in your classroom. Considering I am 3/4 hippie & 1/4 indie, I was all over his plans for digital textbooks and incorporating green education into my science classroom. This morning I was actually at Sea World, amazing pictures to come! I didn't pack the cord to my camera so you will have to wait until Friday to see the amazing sea dragons that are currently mating in the new column tanks in the Sea World Aquarium. Don't worry we did do more than sight see today. I picked up a bunch on new technology ideas for my classroom and my wishlist for our amazing PTSO has become a mile long. I had no idea so much stuff was out there!

I also can't forget to give a few shout outs to my partners in crime here in Orlando. I am here with Lindsay who gets me into trouble, makes me laugh hysterically, and will gladly do anything to get her name in raffle. (I think I have raised my hand to ask questions get raffle tickets more than I have in my entire life!). I can't forget Lynn who is the reason I am really attending this conference. She applied for our presentation slot and got us accepted and our admission paid for! I am just hoping we get another chance to come back next year!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! We have a county Tech Confernece each year and it's so nice that it's held at my school. I just show up for work and BAM! I'm at a tech conference.

    Speaking of technology, we got re-fitted this year (because my school is 25+ years old) and I just completed my second day using the teardrop microphone with the new speaker system in my classroom. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome! I think we have a tech conference in our county too, I just haven't been yet. I have never heard of a teardrop mike. Do you where around your neck or is it attached like a regular mike?

    ReplyDelete