Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinner from HADES!

I didn't want to cook tonight, but to go along with our no eating out goal, I caved and made my way to the kitchen after tonight's run.

My plan for tonight was tomato alphabet soup with apple tomato salad.The recipe looked pretty unassuming, vegetables, pasta, vegetable broth.
And yet, 20 minutes in I am supposed to blend the veggies and broth before adding the pasta. (This step is after you saute the carrot & onion mixture, and then add the tomatoes, and vegetable or chicken broth).
My blender lid BLEW OFF mid cycle. Covering me and my kitchen in burning hot tomato soup broth! (I really think my arm has a second degree burn).

No, I did not take pictures of the kitchen disaster. I might look at this & laugh 2 months or 1 year from now, but tonight it's still not funny.


I managed to salvage 3/4 of the soup. (1/2 was still left in the pot & 1/4 was still left in the blender). I added the pasta and tuned the pot on high to boil.

Only instead of boiling, the pasta started to burn! (I know right!)Surprisingly enough, shaking the pot (with the lid on) saved the pasta from burning. And dinner was actually quite good. The soup tastes very rich & creamy although no cream is actually added. And of course a little Parmesan cheese doesn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope once the blisters heal you can laugh...especially since you still ended up with a yummy dinner. You didn't give up and order in pizza; that shows perseverance.

    ReplyDelete