Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I promise this isn't going to turn into a food blog...

(nothing against food blogs! I love you girls, you make sure I count my points & have an amazing arsenal of recipes to choose from)

but I do have to share tonight's dinner with you. It was so good! Mr. R says I only feel this way because I was starving, but seriously I highly recommend giving a pressed Cuban sandwich a try.

Mr. R and I had leftover pork (made in the crock) from before Christmas that I froze for a rainy day or very busy night. I didn't feel like plain pulled pork or sliders again so I decided to give Sweet Tea's recipe a try.

I bought fresh Cuban bread from Publix, thin sliced deli ham, and swiss cheese. I layered my ingredients added fancy mustard, (that's code for grey poupon), and bread & butter pickles.

Then I shoved each sandwich into the George Foreman and pushed the lid down. I also may or may not have used a couple of casserole dishes as weights to keep the lid down. (I think it would be much easier if we had a sandwich press).

We also had frozen sweet potato fries (I bought the giant bag from Costco a few months back), so they subbed in as our vegetable.

I could only finish 1/2 my sandwich, so I will have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. SWEET!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I do like a pressed Cuban sandwich...or any pressed sandwich, really! We have the big bag of sweet potato fries in our freezer too (only from BJ's instead of Costco). I really like the spicy flavored ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the spicy ones! Where did you get those?

    I love pressed sandwiches too. I used to steal Panera's menus to try to make their paninis at home.

    ReplyDelete