Saturday, January 16, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!

I pulled into my driveway @ 8:00 last night and have yet to unpack. It is wonderful to be home and be greeted by puppy kisses, my wonderful husband, (who CLEANED & DID LAUNDRY) and to sleep in my own bed. I will update posts with pictures tonight or this afternoon. Today the plan is to wash the new mound of dirty clothes I brought home, make our bimonthly grocery list & head to COSTCO, and finally spend some much needed quality time with Mr. R.

I also have Haiti on my heart right now and I am trying to decide what action I need to take. I have been thinking about sponsoring a child through World Mission for a while and I think a child in Haiti might be the right step for us. I was also thinking about doing a clothing drive at casa de Republican to send to the may people who have lost everything. I will keep you updated if you want to help out or donate. Also if you have any better ideas I am all ears.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous. I did not come home to a clean house and clean laundry. (I have to look at it from a different approach and realize...I did get an awesome dinner in South Beach)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would totally choose the dinner in South Beach over clean dishes.

    ReplyDelete