Thursday, January 21, 2010

macaroni, cheese, and babies

In response to yesterdays post, today was much better and I didn't need to grovel. Can I get an AMEN?

On to today...

I am in the midst of a project with my 7th graders and its one I think they are really enjoying. I can't wait to see their presentations on Monday & Tuesday. I was also able to sing Jimmy Buffet's Volcano song to my kids today so that makes for a fun day as well. (And no, I really cannot sing).

I was home at a decent hour today and all of my grades are posted! Thank the LORD! And after much talk with my team & my husband I have decided to grade less and technology more. I am hoping this really gets my students more engaged and excited and takes a little more off of my daily plate.

I made mac & cheese for dinner. This means that we have had no meat for 6 nights this week. (And Mr. R has not complained once!) I think we accidentally went vegetarian for the week. As you know, I stocked up on fruits, veggies and cheese @ Costco on Saturday, but didn't buy any meat. I made a list of things to buy @ Publix for my planned weekly meals, but I never made it to the grocery store. This meant I had to be creative with what we had on hand and thus the birth of accidental vegetarianism. (I should be forgetful more often!)

Lastly, we come to my recurring blog subject, babies. I go through phases of really wanting a baby and then, like a faucet, my desire to be a mother shuts off and I am lusting after new clothes or a trip to Europe. More recently though, I have had babies of the brain and I think Mr. R and I are becoming more comfortable with the idea of a bunch of little Republicans running around. I even had the nerve to think of names for the little people today. I guess in my daydream we had three little Republicans, two boys and one girl... a Lucy Katherine, Finn Thomas, and Jack Hudson. (I am sure the names will change and I promise we aren't pregnant yet, I guess I just have it on the brain!)

(Pictures of tonight's dinner to come, I took them on Mr. R's phone and he is republicing downtown...so they are MIA at the moment.)

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Republicing is such a fun word to say :)

    I totally forgot to give you my check for the race on Saturday! I'll either make it down there tomorrow or early Saturday morning. It will be nice to run downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ovaries twitching?

    I think mine would totally notice a week without meat. I don't know why some people think they need to eat it everyday!

    ReplyDelete