Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fully stocked fridge & fruit and veggielicious

There is just something about the new year that makes me want to eat healthy and lose 20 lbs. While I am sticking with my plan to not be obsessed with the numbers on the scale, I am trying to make better food choices and include less processed foods in my daily meals.

My unspoken goal for January is to cook healthy and Weight Watchers friendly meals for the entire month. To begin, we made our bimonthly Costco trip and loaded up with veggies, fish, chicken, fruits, and cheese. I also made our monthly menu plan so on the nights that we are home, we have a dinner and the recipe already decided.

I am also really excited that many of the meals can be made in the crockpot or in 30 minutes or less. Here's to a healthier and less processed NEW YEAR!


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, a whole month of menus already planned out - that is so awesome! I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really wasn't that hard I realied heavily on crockpot365 & allrecipes.com. Let's just hope that we can stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm going to start planning. Do you have or know anything about recipe organizer software or online programs? Just curious to get some feedback.

    Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the google calendar to organize our monthly meals, but I heard recently there is an app for the iphone that people use as well.

    ReplyDelete