Sunday, January 17, 2010

Girl's Night

To be someone's girlfriend is a special honor. It's an unspoken bond of trust wrapped in a friendship that grows, changes, and is even more cherished overtime.

I think of myself as an independent person who can stand just fine on her own. After all, I grew up with a mom who made it clear adulthood is very much you against the world. But life is hard, and the journey of my 20s is often very lonely. I am so grateful to have a group of friends here in Florida that I can share my struggles, hopes, lamentations, and triumphs with.

I am not sure where you are in your life, but I am in a place where marriage has already come and I am happily settling into daily routine with my husband. (It only took 4 years!) We are at a place in age and in marriage where children are the center of our conversation. (But the question is always ... ARE WE READY?)

It was wonderful to be able to share my concerns with friends and listen to their struggles and realize these problems that I am facing are just a natural part of grown-up life. Of course it was also wonderful to eat yummy cheese and fruit and salad and bread and dessert. (I think I gained 5 pounds in 5 hours!)
While this post is rather long winded...I am just trying to say how wonderful it is that God gave us girlfriends. And I will remember to say a prayer of thanks for each one of them today!

(All photos by 5k to Marathon. Our hostess & amazing friend!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you girls had an awesome night.

    ReplyDelete