Sunday, February 28, 2010

Viva Italia and the amazing dishes your country has inspired.

On our most recent Costco run I saw spinach and ricotta cannelloni for sale in the prepackaged Italian food section.

Cannelloni is one of my most favorite foods and I am just not coordinated or inspired enough to make it myself. I do however always order it off the Olive Garden menu.

I had some sausage (hot & sweet) in the freezer left over from our Italian Christmas dinner party so I tossed that in the crock pot with Classico's tomato & basil marinara.
The sausages simmered on low this morning while we were at church and the dog park.

To cook cannelloni you add a layer of red sauce to a casserole dish, top with cannelloni, and then layer more red sauce with your sausage. (I opted to not add the sausage and serve it on the side).

Bake for 20 minutes in your 350 degree oven.
Tonight we will be eating this with a green salad, rosemary olive oil bread (also from Costco), and a large glass of vino. I will also be pretending I am sitting in a little cafe in Florence watching the sunset over the piazza.

No comments:

Post a Comment