Thursday, February 18, 2010

An honesty post for Danielle

Today at work I was standing pretty high on my soapbox.
Why? Because I have worked out consecutively for 21 days. Today would have been day 22.

Once the kids had gone, I was chatting in Danielle's room about life (the usual) when she complemented me on my new found desire to exercise daily. I left her room at 3:30 with plans to go the gym for a spin class and some ab work. (I want to be able to do planks like That Pink Girl).

I called Mr. R on my way home and he too was excited for the gym, that is until I offered Door #2. See door #2 is always a pretty awesome door. It's always a surprise and it is always way better than the gym.

Tonight's door #2 consisted of a movie & the best dinner in the whole wide world. (an impromptu date night of sorts). We left the house @ 5:00 bought our movie tickets for When in Rome. (cute, but you could wait for the DVD) and then feasted on movie popcorn and diet coke. (a five star dinner if you ask me).
And the best part, we were the only people in the theatre. We could heckle the previews, talk during the boring parts, laugh really really loud, and even make out...(sorry if that was an over share).

On the way home Mr. R asked to stop @ Papa's for a gyro. And really, who can say no to Papa's.
I managed to make room in the old estómago for the whole thing. (It's never as good the next day).
And so Danielle, I did not make it to the gym. I am back to day 1 in my day 21 plan. But I think it was worth it. Actually I know it was.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! I love it! You are too funny. I'm glad that you had an awesome evening because in the long run, it's nights like these that make it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 days consecutively is awesome! I don't think I've ever done it. You deserved a day off!

    and now...

    I CHALLENGE YOU TO ANOTHER 21 DAYS, ah, ah ,ah

    ReplyDelete