Sunday, February 21, 2010

A busy Saturday with no photo documentation!

8:30 AM: running a bit late, Mr. R & I head to dunkin' doughnuts for my school's fundraiser. We served doughnuts & coffee for a couple of hours and all the proceeds went back to my middle school to be used (hopefully) on new technology supplies. I see mimio markers in my future!

I just need to state that as a non-doughnut eater I have NO IDEA how many doughnut flavors there are! Cake, glazed, chocolate glazed, maple frosted, vanilla, boston creme, chocolate filled, sugar rolled, and jelly! I also had no idea how hard it is to listen, remember, and then make coffee. I really need to cut those Starbucks baristas some slack.

10:30: Leave Dunkin' doughnuts (smelling like frosting and coffee) and head the the town center. Mr. R and I stopped for breakfast @ Panera. I love the spinach souffle and considering we don't have Panera near us I always indulge when we are in Jax.

11:00: Off to the Apple store. Mr. R and I finally don't have to share a computer! Right now I am blogging from my new Macbook. Yay!!! While out wallets are A LOT lighter, I think it will be worth it in the end.

12:00: Home to the pups and to see my grandparents who just returned from a cruise to the British virgin islands. They had a great time and seem so tan and relaxed. After my grandmother's heart surgery two months ago its great to see her back in action.

1:00: Mr. R moonlights as a plumber! The republicans just rented a new headquarters downtown to help prepare for the 2010 elections. Mr. R was recruited to fix toilets, clean bathrooms, and help drywall. Who knew he was so handy?

3:00 Exercise Day 2: Mr. R and I have a Wii that he loves and I use occasionally, but for Christmas I was given the new game Just Dance. If I dance for an hour it is just like a zumba class. I LOVE it! And considering I missed spin and boot-camp this morning, the 60 mins of Just Dance was a perfect dose of cardio right in my own living room.


5:30: Dinner @ Kristin's! Three of my good friends are running the Jacksonville half-marathon for breast cancer, also known as 26.2 with Donna. Or in their case a 13.1. Anyway, they had a pre-race pasta dinner and even though Mr. R and I aren't running we were asked to come over and feast. It was fun to be together and Kristin is an excellent Italian chef. We all were saying it had been SO long since we had eaten meatballs and sauce.

8:00: Home to the pups and to clean house for a bit. Hope you all had a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Not even a bite of doughnut? Really? I probably would have had one, and then been disappointed because they never taste as good as I think they should be.

    Congrats on the new computer!

    Ha, my friend Pam got a Wii for Christmas (really her girls did from her mom) and she loves Just Dance! She's always talking about how fun and what a great workout. I may need to check it out (when Matt's not around to make fun).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jeff laughs at me all the time. Especially when I do MC Hammer's can't touch this.

    ReplyDelete