Sunday, February 28, 2010

Puppy Park

The pups and I have always been lucky enough to live near a dog park. When we lived in DC in an apartment with no backyard the puppy park was vital. We would be there at least 4 to 5 times a week. It was in walking distance from our place and located in the cutest little neighborhood. we would drive or walk over stopping for coffee on the way and let the dogs run for a hour while we read books or chatted with the other owners. Before we made our way home we would walk through the neighborhood streets and stare at the cute 1920s homes and wonder when we would be able to buy our own place.
Fast forward 3 years and now we live in Florida, still in driving distance of a dog park. In fact is was part of my requirements when I was renting and then buying our
house. No more than 10 minutes from the beach, the dog park, or a grocery store. (Yes, those are my priorities).
I am still amazed that we were able to buy a place at 26 years old. There is no way this would have happened if we were still in DC. While I miss the weekly happenings and my favorite places in DC I know we are where we are supposed to be.
And the pups love Treaty Park way more than the Clarendon dog park.

No comments:

Post a Comment