Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Night F...

A few months ago the F would have totally stood for football. Mr. R is a cowboys fan after all. But today the F is for fancy!
Mr. R and I were invited to the annual Lincoln Reagan Republican dinner for our county. What this means is a free meal at a fancy place with a few key note speeches about the upcoming elections in November 2010.

I was all set to wear my Vera to the dinner, but Mr. R said it had gotten lots of play recently (Roter-Act, REC, Teacher of the Year). So I switched things up and went with my new Target purchase. It's a little bohemian for this buttoned-up crowd so I added a black cardigan (thanks Mom!) with some understated jewels.
And I have not yet found a pair of comfortable black heels or wedges yet, so the mary-janes it is.
I also have to show you Mr. R's duds for the evening. We totally match, and while it wasn't planned I am a little excited that we do. I promise we won't turn into the Alex & Simon (Real Housewives NYC) and be weirdly matchy though.
It's almost 5 and I have to go...I see yummy appetizers and free martinis in my future!

2 comments: