Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What do you want?

I think its easy when we are babies... we want four things, food, sleep, a fresh change of clothes, and love.

In our pre-teens years we want parental approval, new toys, things that are covered in sugar, and a few friends to invite to a birthday party.

During my teens and early 20s I wanted peer approval, a boyfriend, a college scholarship, and more money in my sad little checking account.

After meeting Mr. R, I wanted an engagement ring, a wedding ceremony, a home to grow in, and a job that made a difference.

Right now I want a baby. I want to be healthy. And I want to run another marathon. I also want to go to Paris, finish fixing up our house, and these new boots. (Pioneer Woman wears them).

I am in the middle of taking this crazy online class (Reading certification junk) and my instructor says the best way to get through it is to take it one assignment at a time.

When I look at my 2010 wishlist, my wants seem a bit over the top, but with that same idea in mind I am taking my goals one desire at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Good perspective!

    I find that my goals change over time, too.

    ReplyDelete