Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goodbye February, where did you go?

Let's check in on those February goals shall we?

Goal 1: Cut back on eating out. We ate out about once a week in February which is an increase of 25% from last month. I think we did do a better job of choosing our meals/places this month. Instead of eating out for convenience we choose to pick places that were special to us or we had been wanting to try for date nights. In doing this we were able to eliminate the need for fast food in our diet. I will say that I do still eat Chipotle, it always makes its way into our life every month. I do not count Chipotle as fast food, nor will I stop eating it.

Goal 2: Serve more home-cooked, filling, and organic meals. We are continuing on our path to be healthy eaters. This has always been important to me and now with thinking about our future family, I want to make sure that we have good eating habits in place before we bring kids into the picture. I am super excited to say I am getting 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables in daily. (This hasn't happened since I stopped being a vegetarian). I also have increased my cooking Rolodex. I still love Ms. Ray with all my heart, but I am expanding to include meals that can be made easily in the crock pot (thank you Sandra Lee & Stephanie O'Dea) and more weight watchers recipes.

Goal 3: Increase my running mileage to 20 miles a week. This goal I did not meet. In fact I didn't even come close. I am averaging about 10 miles during the week and between 3 and 10 miles on weekends. This means that some weeks I hot the magic number of 20, while others I was only at 13. I am choosing not to beat myself up over this. In place of running I have started spinning, doing pilates, and taking an ab class. I am still going to the gym and burning those calories, so I while I didn't meet my goal I still call this a win.

Goal 4: Save more money! (This is always a hard one for me). Mr. R and I are successfully putting away $600 a month. We came up with a new monthly budget that cuts down on some of our miscellaneous expenses and enables us to save a bit more. We did however dip into that savings to buy the new mac book, so I think we are back where we started.

With the end of one month comes the promise of another... I love March, mostly because it is my birthday month, but also because it is the start of spring and the start of warmer weather. Time to breakout those sundresses!

March Goals:

1. Continue working out and and trying new classes. My goals is to workout 6 days a week trying at least one new workout or class each week. My biggest fear is becoming bored with my workouts.

2. Learn how to use the grill. I have almost mastered most of the kitchen appliances, but I am scared of our BBQ grill. I realize how ridiculous this sounds. But nonetheless, I will be a grill master by the end of March.

3. Finish the media room. I need to finish stenciling the walls, buy & hang art work, as well as paint the end tables and find lamps. (I see a trip to IKEA in my future).

4. Continue saving money for our big trip this summer. I am hoping to increase the saving to $800 this month.

What are your goals for March?


1 comment:

  1. Nice job on your Feb. goals and making out your March goals. Reading your post reminded me of your contentment post the other day, as I immediately started comparing my own life/goals. I do need to get my thoughts in order and then perhaps I'll write them out later today...

    Where is the big trip this summer?

    ReplyDelete