Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes you just need a little junkfood.

I grew up very close to the Jersey shore. (And yes, its the shore. The calling it the beach simply will not do. The shore is more than sand attached to a shoreline. It's a boardwalk with carnival rides, the best pizza in the world, and frozen custard topped with jimmies).
If you tune into MTV you find out that my Jersey is sometimes called the land of "sunnin' and funnin". Yes, we are classy with a "k".
I think my favorite part of the Jersey shore besides the beach, pizza, and custard... is the jersey hotdog with all the toppings. I didn't actually discover this dog until college with the little help of a town called Seaside Heights, (we lovingly refer to it as sleaze-side).
My jersey dog contains, mustard, jalapenos, cheese, caramelized onions, sauerkraut and at the very bottom a heavily grilled (almost all black) hot-dog.
I would like to say that the reason my hotdogs look so big is because I am using a salad plate, not a dinner plate...but in truth the hotdogs are giant and I ATE BOTH!
If you are missing dirty jersey go fix yourself a dog or too...and if that doesn't help MTV might just be playing a episode. You know you can't get enough of the gyming, tanning, and fist pumping!

1 comment:

  1. Considering that I'm not a big fan of hot dogs, perhaps it's because I've never eaten one right?

    ReplyDelete