Sunday, February 21, 2010

The way to Mr. R's heart is paved in brown sugar and chocolate.


I am making blondies. Because I am an awesome wife and my husband loves them. And because I get to mix stuff in my kitchenaid. Don't you find it funny that every girl who has gotten married in the past 6 years has asked for a kitchen aid in her bridal registry? Are mixers the new status symbol of the domesticated? Does the color of your kitchenaid symbolize how cool you are? My friend Kim's is red, cause she is red hot! Mine is white...what does that say about me? Wow, am I off track!
Anyway, I am mixing stuff in my kitchenaid while watching the USA kick Canada's arse and baking my way into Mr. R's cold Republican heart...

Doesn't this look like an awesome bowl of brown-sugary goodness!


Do you lick the spoon? I totally do! Salmonella be damned!

And the pre-bake picture....

Best taken with a glass of ice cold skim milk.


LOVE & BUTTER make the world go round!
Recipe below courtesy of allrecipes.com

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Directions

  1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
  2. COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
  3. BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Of course I lick the spoon, and usually the bowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon & Sophie usually get the bowl, but their vet was not too pleased with their weight @ the last check-up. I didn't tell him it was due to all the cookie dough and greenies.

    ReplyDelete