Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh bread machine...

how I have missed you.

I used to use the bread machine almost weekly or twice a week last year. But as you know schedules change, eating habits change, and sometimes its just easier to buy my bread from the nice ladies at Publix.

When I cleaned the kitchen yesterday I discovered three OVERRIPE bananas. Normally, I would toss those mushy brown guys, but we are trying not to be wasteful so I knew I needed to use. Enter the bread machine! Allrecipes.com is my resource for all baking recipes. This is the one I used for the banana bread.

What I love about the bread machine is that you just dump in the ingredients and let it go!

One hour later the house smells like baked goods and we have breakfast in the morning.

I am totally a carb girl! There is nothing better than homemade bread.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I could not have a bread machine! I would eat WAY TOO MUCH!

    Those bananas, however, I would peel and place in the freezer for a smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete