Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14

I have always loved Valentine's Day. My parents were very big on holidays growing up, so in truth I love all of them, but Valentine's is one of my faves.

I didn't have huge plans for today: church, nap, a little shopping and homemade dinner.

On the menu:
Apricot topped brie made in the crockpot

with apples, pears, and crackers Spring mix salad with blue cheese, crasins, pears, and candied walnuts (I made the candy walnuts from scratch!) Bear wine(This is my favorite wine and its now sold at Costco. In my world this is double amazing. )

And red velvet cake!We did exchange gifts this year.

I was super excited to recieve my copy of Night @ the museum II. I know the reviews weren't great, but I totally feel its better than the 1st. Mr. R got a copy of the Hangover! (Stop rolling your eyes. It's a very funny movie). And since we are trying to be more economical this year, I will tell you we both got the DVDs from Target on the $9.00 rack.

Happy Valentine's Day 2010!

2 comments:

  1. You sure eat fine for V-day - great spread.

    I also like Night...II. My check-out boy at Blockbuster decided to tell me that it's not funny (as I was renting it????). But I thought it was, but I also knew I was getting myself little kid humor - like monkey's slapping you in the face.

    I also love the Hangover - much funnier than I anticipated!

    Way to go on you thrifty gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Einstein scene in museum II. And I have a bit of a girl crush on the real Amelia. And I love the Hangover! I have so many favorite parts of that movie... the tiger, the tooth, the wedding, the mean girlfriend... love it.

    ReplyDelete