Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wow! That shirt is working hard...

This morning at 3:27 I was wide awake.
Pregnancy insomnia at its finest.
I turned on the TV and JUNO was on.
I haven't seen Juno since it came out and was all the rage with my barely 20 something hipster crowd.
We all loved Ellen Page's sarcasm and let's face it I married Paulie Bleeker.
I caught the last 45 minutes and I had to laugh out loud when Jason Bateman says to Juno, "Wow! That shirt is working hard."
It seems as though recently, all my shirts are working hard.
My belly is expanding and while I have given into maternity pants. Prego tops just don't seem worth the money. Sure I am stretching out a few of my tees and yes, my bump does take over
my once cute tanks... but I like to think that I am being thrifty and cost effective. Plus it mean more money for diapers and a few cute postpartum outfits for me.
Mr. R. and I hit the pool after work today. I am still rocking my old bathing suit, but it too is working hard. And no, there will be no blog picture of a giant belly in a too small swimming suit. If you are really hard up for an image, imagine Chris Farley and the skit "Fat Guy in a Little Coat".
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
Photo from my birthday celebration on 3/18
Size of baby: Piper is the size of a sack of potatoes
(She weighs 4 lbs!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10.2 lbs
I still weigh more at home than at the Doctor. But my home scale is weight watchers and I trust it more than the doctor's scale. So I am sticking with my 10 pound weight gain.
Maternity Clothes: My jeans and shorts are maternity, but I can still squeeze into my regular tops & cardigans. As I mentioned above, they are really working hard, but I am not about to give up.
Gender: She's still a girl!
I think my mother-in-law just breathed a sigh of relief :)
Movement: She is a kicker.
I see the butterfly and IM in her swimming future.
Sleep: NONE!
Anyone want to let me borrow a few hours?
What I miss: Sleep and Sangria
Summer weather just calls for tankinis, new bottles of sunscreen, and homemade Sangria
Currently the sangria and the tankini will wait until AFTER Piper.
Cravings: I made killer macaroni and cheese on Monday night.
I think I am craving carbs more than anything. We had pasta for dinner three times last week!
(In various forms of course, but it was still pasta nonetheless).
Symptoms: None really. I am running much much slower and sometimes bending over feels like a half marathon, but my nausea seems to have subsided again and the heartburn is doable.

Husband Quote of the Week:
Jeff: I think you are just really tired.
Me: I AM NOT TIRED!
Jeff: Would you rather I say hormonal?
Me: No, maybe I am really tired after all...

2 comments:

  1. You're getting so close. Comfortable sleep towards the end was hard to come by...perhaps it's our body's way of preparing us for the lack of sleep we get during the newborn phase.

    I think maternity clothes are mostly a waste of money and I didn't buy many. You just have to learn to be extra creative with your wardrobe. Looks like you're doing a good job with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I know I've never been pregnant and therefore my opinion doesn't hold as much clout...but, my thought that is I like maternity clothes because since they fit well, you can actually tell a woman is pregnant and she looks good pregnant. Just like anybody looks better when their clothes fit right. I hate not knowing if someone pregnant or just gained too much of a belly, and I feel as though in our fattening society I question myself more and more.

    Of course their is the BIG waste of money point, so I guess only time will tell by my actions how I truly feel.

    ReplyDelete