Friday, March 11, 2011

A trip to Tokyo...

Mr. R. and I had one of our imaginary vacations tonight.
It all started with a craving for sushi.
And that tonight is in fact date night.

We headed to Mt. Fuji (or a restaurant that was decorated to look VERY MUCH like Mt. Fuji). And stuffed ourselves with sushi. Tonight we feasted on a baby scallop roll, Philadelphia roll, a crab and salmon stuffed sunrise roll, and a soft shell crab roll.
We moved on to retail therapy, a hobby very much loved in Tokyo.
Actually we went to Target where we checked out mattresses for Piper and I saw all of these cute Hello Kitty appliances. I think I am in LOVE with the toaster.
In my mind Hello Kitty = Japan.

And came home to watch the Tokyo Olympics, via Walk Don't Run.
I hope to actually get to Japan one day. But for right now, I am content to spend a Friday night with my husband dreaming of adventures, perfecting my use of chopsticks, and watching a very handsome Carey Grant.

Happy Weekend! (Or should I say Yoi Shu matsu wo!)
And on a final note, how cute is this sushi set? I think Piper needs one pronto!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute. Glad you had a nice time in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! I thought women weren't suppose to consume sushi when pregnant??? ...although I guess they probably do in Japan...

    ReplyDelete