Monday, March 14, 2011

I took a running hiatus.

For the past two weeks I couldn't bring myself to run. Outside was too hot or too cold and the treadmill was mocking me and my growing belly with slower and slower times.

Mr. R. demanded we get back at it this weekend. My running shoes felt so nice to slip on. My energy returned. My legs moved more slowly, but still with balance. And the baby in my belly kicked contently.

I think I am officially a runner.
For the past few years, I kept telling myself that runners have to be fast. Runners are people who do marathons. Runners are people who never take a walk break. Runners are people who eat 5Ks for lunch. Runners are people with 6 pack abs and buns of steel.

But I have a new definition now. Runners are people who feel at home on the road or the treadmill. Runners like the challenge of a workout with only a watch to beat. Runners are people who push themselves further. And I am one of those people.
I AM A RUNNER!

I wish I actually had some running pictures to go with this post, but instead you get pictures of our dinner.
and broiled pears.
Simple ingredients, short prep time, but stellar dinner.
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. You are a runner! And a pregnant runner, to boot! I couldn't agree more with your definition of a runner.

    I'm wholly impressed that you've kept running this long. The very thought of running while pregnant just seems very comfortable. Good for you.

    Now, send me some of your dinner, please. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the runner...I feel like I am a runner if though I am slow because I love it!

    ReplyDelete