Wednesday, March 30, 2011

33 weeks and interesting dinner companions

Mr. R. and I had dinner with dinosaurs last night.

We are fans of the show Parks & Recreation on NBC and on a Season 2 episode the cast eats dinner at a dino themed restaurant called Jurassic Fork. To be honest, the premise of eating dinner with a T-rex while wearing a stegosaurus hat intrigued me.

So after a year of talking about going we decided to bite the bullet and check out T-REX.

We had entrees named after dinosaur species and I can personally vouch that the pterodactyl fish tacos are worth trying. We also saw a meteor shower and visited an ice cave complete with a wooly mammoth. The science geek in me was super excited about the geodes, fossils, and fake dig they had set up for the kids.

I think its a safe bet to say we will be going back with Pippa in a few years. Mr. R. is already working out plans to find a way to privatize the Smithsonian's food service and have to run by the T-rex people.

So... DC friends, if he has his way a T-Rex might be coming to you in the near/but still far off future :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember that restaurant from when we were at Disney in January. We didn't eat there, though. I did, however, eat at the Earl of Sandwich twice. I still think about that caprese sandwich.

    I'll keep my eye out for a T-Rex roaming the DC streets.

    ReplyDelete