Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthdays are a gift.

Each year on my birthday I look froward to celebrating, special dinners, cupcakes, presents, and picture taking. I reflect on what happened the year before and make birthday resolutions of what I hope I will accomplish in the next 12 months.

Yesterday I celebrated my 29th Birthday in the company of my wonderful husband, my grandparents, my Uncle, and the pups.

Each day I spend here on Earth is a gift. Each year God grants me is a gift. Each day that I get to cook, clean, do laundry, kiss my husband, feel the baby kick, take a nap, grade papers, go to work, or take a run is a GIFT! And there is no greater gift that I could be given than more days with the people I love.

As I blow out my birthday candles, I am not wishing.
I am thanking God for one more day, one more month, one more year.
Happy Birthday to ME!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! Thank you for being a gift in my life, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but wait until you turn 30. Birthdays won't seem like such a gift anymore!

    I'm just joking. Sort of. ;)

    I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete