Saturday, March 26, 2011

Preparing for Piper

Today my mother and my mother-in-law are hosting a baby shower for me in NJ. As you can probably guess I am not there. There is no more flying for me until AFTER Pippa joins our family and Mr. R. was not about to be in a car with me for 18 hours.

I am so excited and honored that friends and family are attending my far away shower. The amount of work and thoughtfulness put into today makes my heart swell. Piper is one lucky little girl to be surrounded by so much love and so many great people.

I may not get to indulge on my Mother-in-laws wonderful food or my Mom's amazing baked goods, but we did reap some MAJOR benefits down here in sunny St. Augustine.

Piper has been gifted with:

A sporty car seat.
I love that it's called FUEGO! I will bet money that it matches her personality.

A pack in play complete with mini changing table and newborn napper.
Our good friends told us this was KEY to night-time survival those first few months.

An air filter.
Both Mr. R. and I were allergy kids plus we live in the pollen capital of America. Enough said.

An ExcerSaucer.
It plays music, has lights, and will move with her.
Should be a good time.

Video monitor.
Being able to see and hear her from across the house will be awesome. Mr. R. will be home with her during the day as well so it will be nice to know he can easily keep an eye on Piper.
From her antics in the womb, I think she is going to be one very sneaky monkey.

Beco carrier
She will be carried in style. It has some serious high rating and will allow us to be somewhat hands free. Yes!

I CANNOT stress enough how thankful, grateful, and amazed we are. We do not know or understand how we got so lucky in the family and friends department!

Hope to see many of you this summer. Our house has an open door policy! And if not, our new family of FIVE should be up sometime this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment