Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Pals!

I know we celebrated you today over dinner and key lime pie, but I wanted to take a moment to publicly announce how special you are to us. 
With each passing year we learn more about you, your life, the hardships you faced, the choices you made, and how you always made sure the protect and support our family. I've learned that I am more like you than I ever imagined. And I take that as a compliment. I want you to know that I am proud of you. I am proud to be linked to the Morris name and I hope that the decisions I make and the values I instill in Piper will make you proud. In short, you are my hero Pals. Happy Birthday! We love you!
 Pals, is short for Palsy (pronounced Pal-Z), he is my grandfather and right now we are lucky enough to live just a quarter mile away from my grandparents. We celebrated Pals birthday tonight with layered summer salad, crab spread and multigrain crackers, sweet tea, and cornbread. Granny Faye and Cal were in attendance and we had pie for dessert. It was a fabulous night!

Summer Salad Recipe:
  • Layer 1: Romaine Lettuce
  • Layer 2: Sliced Strawberries and blueberries
  • Layer 3: Red Onion
  • Layer 4: Chopped Rotsserie Chicken (I used the Publix lemon pepper flavor)
  • Layer 5: Mandarin orange slices (drained) and chopped green apple
  • Layer 6: Avocado (2 diced) and seasoned with salt and pepper
  • Layer 7: Blue cheese crumbles (one 4oz. container)
  • Layer 8: Sugared Pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment