Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Be Good to Your Daughters...

"Daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters too." -John Mayer
That song has been playing off on and on in my head since Piper was born.
 I was blessed to be born into a family of excellent fathers. My Dad and grandfather told me I was smart, pretty, and strong. They taught me to be opinionated, to stand up for my beliefs, and to never settle for less than my best. They taught me hard work, how to balance a budget, and what marriage and love should look like.
Last year my husband became a father. And just like my father, Mr. R. tells Pip that she is smart, that she is pretty, and that he loves her more than anything in this world. When he gives her a bath, reads her stories, or gives her the 3AM bottle my heart bursts. His love for her makes me love him so much more. 
Happy Father's Day to the men in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment