Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wordless Wednesday (Almost)

I had 4 miles on the training calendar for today and I was not feeling motivated. I even asked Mr. R to give me a pep talk on the way to the gym. Let me tell you, he needs to work on his pep talk skills. I think he mumbled something about goal setting and hydration and then told me to "get at it".
I did run my 4 miles today and I am proud to say I ran them in honor of MCM Mama who is turning 40 today! Happy Birthday! She posted a virtual race on her blog with the option to run 4 miles, 8.25 miles (in honor of the actual date) or a 40K (if you are crazy enough!).
Dinner tonight was rockin'! I wanted something fastfood-ish, but without the millions of calories. My favorite bar food is buffalo wings. In fact after almost every exam in grad school you would find me at Carpool (a bar in Arlington) drinking snakebite and chowing down on fried food covered in hot sauce. We had a weight watchers friendly version tonight. I used this recipe and served it with a side of mashed potatoes, carrots, and celery.

2 comments:

  1. Way to make healthy bar food.

    ...and, yes, aren't politicians usually good speakers?

    ReplyDelete