Monday, August 16, 2010

30 day workout challenge!

Can you tell I love a challenge?

The first day of school is really my New Year's Day. It signifies a new beginning for me as a teacher, a chance to make new goals, try new things, and stretch myself a little... you know, out of my comfort zone.

Since people make new year's resolutions I am making a few new school year resolutions!
  • Workout daily! My running challenge was successful and I had great results (73 miles!) so I want to continue the workouts. I may not run everyday, but I will be incorporating Tae-bo and more swimming.
  • 6 home-cooked veggie centered meals a week. Once the school year starts, my schedule gets a bit crazy and I end up not cooking and relying on fast food and Publix. This year or at least for the next 30 days I will be cooking or crockpoting and each meal will have two or more veggies in it.
  • Finally, naps. I am reinstating afternoon naps. Instead of powering through with coffee and diet coke I am going to sleep if I am tired. A new concept in casa de Republican, but I am kinda digging it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I've made a point to go to yoga both days after school this week (kids started on Tuesday) and was kind of thinking the same thing about "new year's"

    The nap thing, however, doesn't work for me because it just causes me to stay up too late and create the vicious cycle. As long as I can rally to yoga, I seem to power through it and be re-energized in the evening.

    ReplyDelete