Sunday, August 22, 2010

Slow Cooker Sunday

I love the slow cooker (crock-pot). It cooks food slowly (hence the name) all day long, leaving my home smelling delicious and requiring minimal cooking effort on my part.
Today I had a slow cooker Sunday, a relaxing day of reading, eating, a little food prep, and sometime spent reorganizing my closet and the main parts of our house. Besides church, we had no real agenda and it was wonderful.

Here is my newly organized closet, seperated by shirts, pants, dresses, and skirts.

And the results of a trip to Target. I now have an organized tupperware cabinet And the pups have new bones!

I did manage to make an awesome dinner so I thought I would share :)

Sunday Summer Salad
Chopped lemon pepper rotisserie chicken (from Publix), sliced strawberries, one diced apple, blue cheese crumbles, red onion slices, and candied pecans served on a bed of baby lettuce (from the bag). I used Ken's raspberry vinaigrette for the dressing. We also had whole wheat bread on the side.

I cannot stop singing the praises of caramelized pecans. They have changed the way I feel about salad. Super easy, so good, and they only required two ingredients.
To be honest, the real reason we are eating salad tonight for dinner is that I don't want to feel guilty for eating Gooey Butter Cake. Cjane (over at Cjane enjoy it!) sang it's praises during her trip to STL and I was super excited to try it. I wish I could say I loved it, but it was a bit too sweet for me. It was easy to make and fun to try, but I think this will be our first and last tastes of buttercake.

No comments:

Post a Comment