Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hooray for everyday!

I had the chance to spend a little time with the new IKEA catalogue and I am in love with their theme for 2011. Hooray for everyday!

Friday: I didn't take a single picture yesterday, but it was awesome nonetheless. Today was a great day with my students. They were attentive and are still on best behavior. Can we all say a prayer that this lasts for the WHOLE year? By the time I was home, Mr. R was done for the day as well. We had a couple of hours of downtime... Yay! for mellow afternoons. And then we celebrated the first week of school being over! I drank a ridiculous number of calories in my margarita and ate enough chips and salsa for a small village. I came home, tired, tipsy, happy and grateful. I have awesome friends!

Saturday: Today I dressed like in stripes and my favorite shorts to run errands and spend too much time in Target. I should have been doing laundry, cleaning, mailing packages, and doing wife stuff... but the siren call of Target is too strong. And I needed to check out the fall clothing finds and fun shoes. My Costco shopping extravaganza on Saturday yielded stuffed portobello mushrooms and couscous. Lunch was amazing! I also had a hair appointment today. I am now a brunette with bangs. Tonight is also date night. I declared it as such after I heard that Redbox is now located at our corner gas station. Can red vines, diet coke, and popcorn be counted as dinner?And if movie food is dinner than chocolate lava cake is my dessert! I made it in the crockpot using this recipe. The recipe is crazy simple you mix up chocolate cake batter and then layer it with mixed chocolate pudding. I topped mine with chocolate and peanut butter chips.
Hooray for friends!
Hooray for highlights!
Hooray for date night!
Hooray for every day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting a sugar high just looking at that scrumptious cake.

    ReplyDelete