Saturday, August 21, 2010

It flies by...


A girlfriend of mine from high school is an amazing photographer in Maryland. I had the chance to peruse her website this week and I was struck by her philosophy: capture and enjoy the moment because time flies by.

This week has flown by so quickly! I can't believe its Saturday. And for a good chunk of this past week I have been worrying and fretting about a new school year, my students, new expectations, and a crazy workload. In all of that worry I forgot to take pictures, spend time with my husband, and enjoy the little moments that make everyday worth living.

A few years ago another girl I went to high school with became pregnant and needed an emergency C-section. Upon opening her up the doctors discovered she had stage 4 cancer. She died only a few months later. Time flies by, life is way too short and too precious to worry about the small stuff.

So today I am going shopping for flowers. And I am making a toga. I am going to take lots of pictures and sing loudly to the radio with the windows down. Life is too short not to enjoy every little moment.

Photos by Amanda Arnold

1 comment: