Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overwhelmed...

I had one of those rapid fire information days... a day where my pen could not write fast enough and where my brain was running a mile a minute. Welcome back to school! Summer is officially over.

I am not so sure how I feel about this school year. More than anything I just want to be back teaching and not in meetings. I want to meet my students and get excited as to why I choose to send my day with pre-teens. I want less paperwork and more meaningful interaction. Right now I feel like I am just spinning my wheels waiting for the checkered flag to finally fall.

Mr. R is out tonight and while I am also supposed to be out being productive, I have opted for a night in to decompress, drink hot tea, and go through our vacation pictures. I also get to do all of this in my yoga pants and tank top while he is forced to put on a suit. I think I totally got the better end of the deal.

I did want to share that my 30 day challenge is off to an amazing start.
Monday: Tae-bo (fat blasting cardio)
Tuesday: 2 miles and arm strengthening exercises
Wednesday: 4 miles and arms (using the weight machines at the gym)

I am trying to think of this as less of a challenge and more of new balancing act. Today we went over our school's new mission statement and I kept thinking I need my own personal mission statement, a motivational statement of sorts. So here is my 1st try at a mission statement for the 2010-2011 school year, I will no longer let work take over my life. I will not choose work over the gym. I will not become stressed over work or our social calendar. And I will not make unhealthy eating excuses because I am busy or get home later than expected. I will put myself first. And I will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Love the mission statement. I always say to myself "the work will still be here tomorrow." That along with making a list of things I want to get done the next day help me get out the door within 20 minutes of the dismissal bell - so far :)

    ReplyDelete