Friday, August 20, 2010

More reasons to love Audrey

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls." -AH

I think I may have a bit of a crush on Audrey Hepburn. She is my ideal version of what a woman should be like. Full of class, flawless beauty, and a little bit cooky. I saw this quote posted on another lovely blog today and I couldn't help but steal it.

Today I went to work in my favorite dress and 4 inch heels. I wore my hair down and even some mascara for the occasion. I felt like a different person. After an entire summer in white polos, bathing suits, and Birkenstocks it felt amazing to be dressed again. I don't know if this is scientifically true, but I think it is impossible not to feel amazing in a dress, heels, and pearls. Today was a good day, I generally had fun meeting the parents, setting up my schedule, and planning for the next few weeks. My feet are a little sore, but that is to be expected.

I am happy to be spending my weekend with Mr. R. We have events to keep us busy through Sunday and that makes me happy. If Ms. Hepburn's logic about happiness and prettiness being tied together, then I just might be the prettiest girl in the room!

1 comment:

  1. You did look great yesterday :) I hope you had a great time at dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete