Monday, August 30, 2010

Can you eat rainbow... eat rainbow... eat rainbow?

So the title is a play on words and a tribute to my favorite childhood TV show Captain Noah. If you lived in Philly or near Philly in 1986 you know what I am talking about. If not... you totally missed out! (He used to ask if you could sing rainbow.)

Yesterday while reading blogs I discovered a new love. A company passionate about eating healthy and getting kids to make healthy choices with food. The message is simple. If you eat a rainbow each day then you are getting your 5 fruits and veggies and eating your way through a host of necessary vitamins and minerals.

I know this is for kids, but seriously sign me up! I want to eat a rainbow everyday!

With my new goal in mind here are the colorful food choices I made today.

Red: fresh cherries at lunch
Orange: nectarine for post dinner snack
Yellow: yellow onion on my slider at lunch (I know I am stretching this one)
Green: asparagus with dinner, cabbage stuffed inside our chicken potstickers
Blue: None
White: do dumplings count?

And a quick snapshot of our dinner... because it's just not a post without pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Love the "game" of it...and probably great for little kids. Reminds me of this post: http://kabonnagreen.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/taste-the-rainbow/

    ReplyDelete