Saturday, August 14, 2010

How do you sum up a fantastic vacation?

This vacation is one we had been savings for and planning for almost two years. Each month as the paychecks would roll in we would put money aside to ensure we could go. We had to scrimp on groceries, entertainment, clothes, and other fun stuff... and at times I wasn't quite sure it would be worth it in the end. But of course I WAS WRONG and this trip was worth every penny, every coupon, and every hour we spent in Barnes and Noble researching and planning.
For the past week Mr. R and I were in the UK taking in the major sites of Britain and eating as much pub food as we possibly could. We learned the underground like the back of our hand. We saw almost everything London had to offer, walking almost everywhere, and never putting in less than a 13 hour day. It was a true Fisler family vacation.
(My planner of a mom would be proud!)
I love vacations because I get to experience something brand new with my husband. I think after being married you begin to run out of firsts: first kiss, first time, first home, first car... and then you take a trip to a new place and you have firsts all over again. First trip to the UK, first time in parliament, first meal in a British pub.
I am still organizing photos and gathering up scraps of paper that log our daily travels, but I will be back soon with picture posts and stories from our adventure.

In answer to my own question, I can sum up this vacation as wonderful, refreshing, romantic, and worth every penny.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had an awesome time; can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete