Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome Back!

Today I welcomed my students back to school with a missing thumb! We are still studying adaptation and variation. In fact, the mean teacher that I am, scheduled a test for Thursday and Friday of this week.

My classes today completed the opposable thumb lab and discovered life is SERIOUSLY hard without a thumb.
Turns out, in the evolutionary line up of life we got the good stuff.
I also had a few kids claim they had experienced child abuse from the tape and rubber bands today.
I reminded them of the starving children in India and the sweat shop workers in Cambodia that make their GAP hoodies. In return, they told me I sounded like a sad TV commercial and a bleeding heart liberal. Then they rolled their eyes.
I am not so sure I am ready for a kid of my own.

1 comment:

  1. Middle school kids scare me. I'm not sure what I'll do when I have one of my own.

    ReplyDelete