Saturday, April 23, 2011

I call sandwiches...

sammies, sandizzles or Adam Sandlers.
Just kidding. In Casa Republican anythign eaten between two slices of bread or baguette is still called a sandwich. But the quote, stolen from Mr. R.'s favorite show, (Parks & Recreation), was just too perfect not to use in this post.

The reason, I have been making some serioulsy awesome sandwiches this weekend.
I followed  the recipe above loosely and used what we had on hand. I sliced a baguette into 6 medium sized chunks and stuffed each chuink with two pieces of deli ham, honey mustard, thinly sliced green apple, and brie cheese. Then I placed the sandwiches on the George Foreman (which I use as a panini press) and cook for about 6 minutes. The bread crisps and the cheese gets gooey. I served our with sweet potato fries.

Sandwich #2: Pepperoni Rolls with mozzerella, pepperoni, sundried tomatoes, and Italian cheese. Once again I follow this recipe VERY LOOSELY. But it's nice to have a guide.
 I use premade pizza crust, topped with pepperoni, 4 ounces of fresh mozzerella (cut into chunks), one bag of sundried tomatoes, and 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend. I also sprinkle it with Italian seasoning. Finally I roll the crust jelly roll style and bake the it for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Another easy dinner/lunch and it's always a winner with Mr. R. I served ours with pasta salad.

1 comment:

  1. Sandwiches are my favorite! Like Joey Tribbiani on Friends! Those look delicious. Craig isn't a super adventurous eater (he's getting better) and the whole fruit in a sandwich thing is a no go for him. But, I love it.

    ReplyDelete