Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good: I was back at work today. It felt great to be back in my routine, behind my desk, planning, teaching, doing, grading. And my students were GOOD! Almost too good. But I will take it.

The Bad: My car battery died. After a few too many forgetful nights of Mr. R. or I leaving the lights on the battery is finally dead and drained. Plus the scion people tell us a battery is only good for 5 years max anyway. We will have had our little car for 5 years next month.

The Ugly: I am in my last three weeks of this pregnancy and those lovely pregnancy symptoms have taken over. Dark circles? check. Giant belly? check. Overall feeling of exhaustion? You bet.

In truth, I am so grateful to have made it to 37 weeks. I didn't think I was going to survive the first trimester when I was so so sick. With the weight loss and nausea it is amazing Piper has grown to be a tall healthy girl, albeit a skinny minnie. Piper ran over 100 miles with me from week 1 to week 30. And she continues to be a kicker and a fighter. Sure my blood pressure has been crazy this past month and I am not a fan of all of these doctor's appointments, but I know she is worth it. And there is a reason she was placed in our family.

1 comment:

  1. The end of pregnancy is never pretty.

    Although, I have to admit that I was way too scared of actually bringing home a real baby to raise and found myself wishing I could remain pregnant for much longer than 40 weeks.

    I hope these next few weeks leading up the Piper's arrival are as enjoyable as possible for you.

    ReplyDelete