Monday, April 11, 2011

Four boxes arrived at our house on Thursday night.

And I opened each one like it was Christmas morning!
Each box contained gifts, cards, and the sweetest messages from our friends and family up North.
The gifts are beyond amazing and generous, but more than that the messages in each card were so heartfelt. And of course we can use and are thankful every prayer being said over us.
It is amazing how BLESSED we are.
When Jeff and I were just dating we didn't plan on getting married. In fact I was convinced I would be living in Africa, digging wells, and teaching English. Once we were married we said we WERE NOT going to have children. We had careers to start, campaigns to run, people to meet, and places to see. And then God gave us Piper. We really really prayed for this baby. And announcing her arrival to our friends and family was the highlight of my 2010.
As we opened the many gifts, stared in awe at our talented friends who made the diaper cake, and read and re-read the cards... we can't help but feel a little overwhelmed. How did we get so lucky? How did Piper get so lucky? (I think she will easily be the best dressed baby on the block!)
With all of my heart I want to say thank you to our mothers for throwing the shower, our friends for attending, and our families for continued love and support.
And a big thank you to Uncle Mike. Who introduced Piper to her first brand name outfits.
If Piper turns out to be a glambino fashionista, I am totally blaming you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at all that stuff. Piper is one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete