Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The times they are a changin'

I grew up in a fantastic little town in a great neighborhood, with an amazing support group of friends and family cheering me on. They celebrated swim meets, graduations, my engagement, my marriage and now they keep in touch through facebook, my mom, and the occasional visit. As you can tell from my three year Jersey hiatus, I was totally slacking on the visiting part...

Tonight I caught up with my two favorite families, the Cubbages and the Toudys. When I left NJ for DC (for grad school and to marry Mr. R), I wanted time to stop. Growing up I baby-sat for these families and now Amanda has graduated college, Liz is heading to Stevens for an engineering degree. Josh is getting MARRIED! (What???) and Evan is a high school senior. I can't believe how much they have grown, how they have changed, and how amazing they are as psuedo-adults. I also can't believe that now I am cheering them on as they make the big decisions about grad-school, jobs, majors, and marriage.

I feel so old! I didn't think getting older meant having to realize that other people get old as well. The times really are a changin' Thank goodness the houses still look the same even if the people who live in them don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment