Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 10: 6 miles, decorating, and a party

  • Today is day 10 in the running challenge and I was feeling really strong on the treadmill this morning. In my original challenge I said no less than 1 mile and no more than 5, but 6 felt great today.
  • I am still doing the intervals, especially when I add distance. Today I was pretty consistent with a 3 minute run to 1 minute walk. (I was trying not to look @ the clock on the treadmill so I just went by songs on the ipod. Run a whole song, walk one minute and then run a new song)
  • I am really loving the Dog Days are Over by Florence & the Machine. Great song for speed work :)
  • My mom was bitten by the decorating bug so we are making her living room into a coastal oasis. I mentioned the purchase of a couch and chair yesterday, it was delivered today. She also had stripes painted on an adjacent wall to amp up the beachy vibe.
  • We are on the hunt for a few more items to add to her gallery wall. So far we have found one black and white photo, 4 mosaic pictures of shells, one sea fan, and one painting I refer to as BIG FISH.
  • Lastly, tonight I attended my first purse party. So in a few weeks I will be sporting an monogrammed black and white clutch. I just love monogrammed things. If only I could get my hands on some monogrammed pillowcases for our bedroom.
  • Only one full day left in Jersey. I can't believe how fast this week has flown by!

1 comment:

  1. Another song I have to look into for that new running playlist I've been talking about.

    ReplyDelete